Friday 27 January 2012

Dear Christmas



Today I am going to talk about Christmas and the celebration that is so tradicional the most of the countrys that are mainly christian.




I don’t like very much the party too (as Daniela), becaus I dont belive an Gott or christ, but despite thar I celebrate with my family, because is a tradition very expanded in Chile. It dosent matter me that, but also I am not that enthusiastic by that day. The only aspect that it likes me is the dinner, but not because exactly for the meal (as for Daniela hahaha), the good thing is that people get together, especialy the familys.




For me is a good instance because I don’t se very oft to my family. I don’t give many gifts, just a few sometimes, but I recive more gifts als I gave; and when I gift a thing, I prefer to gave a card with a few words with real feelings that for example a par of socks. I don’t give many gifts because 1- I don’t think that is necessary, 2- I don’t have a lot of money 3- I don’t like the consumerism im general. I think that is sick that the most of the people get in to debt just because a religion or the Tv says so.




An interesting sociologist and antropologist, Marcel Mauss, have a very complete studio about the gifts-exchange and her meaning. He says that what existed behind the gift is the relation between the people, and that the gift where a form to maintain the link, a recordatory or a confirmation that the relation till exist. I think that what Mauss tells is not a bad thing, but it is bad when this thing is an obligation and more if existed Business behind the gifts.




AND THAT’S WHY I RECOMMEND THIS SONG: “CONSUMO GUSTO” OF “SKA-P”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXWUE6GdQc

4 comments:

  1. Marcel Mauss surprised me with his theory. I saw a little bit of that last term.
    And that songs rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you like say the title of my text: work, eat, buy, consume and then death. I am against this thoughs and I prefer other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can enjoy especial things.. small things i guess..and that's the only important thing. i understand now why sociologist are bitter but it is the road that all of us follow jjajaja

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha a pair of socks! i prefer a few words from the heart than a pair of socks or knickers, like someone gave to me one year ahaha :)

    ReplyDelete