Friday 20 January 2012

Patagonia sin represas!!



I describe myself as a person with environment consciousness, I know about the problem and that is not important, fundamental for the humanity and the ecosystem to care our earth, bur I am not a “green activist”.

In Chile there not exist a culture about caring the environment, existed organizations but they are not many. I think they are almost the only source of knowledge about friendly practices in Chile, because in the most schools they didn’t teach that. I have not incorporated the recycling practices, because I have not in the building where I live and I don’t know other places either. I don’t use a bike, but didn’t use a car either. Here in Santiago I use the transantiago, I would like to have a bike but I don’t have the money for that today. In Punta Arenas, I use the collective locomotion or I walk.

I didn’t joined any eco organizations, but I went to all the principals marches again the Hidroaysen project (they want to kill the Patagonia! That’s awful). I support the environment cause but I prefer to fight to most of my time for other causes, more political. In any case, I think that the both struggles should to work together because they both have the same enemy, the more powerful people of the world that dominated are exploits many people and natural sources for economical interest. I didn’t have done activities for reducing the carbon footprint.

I think that the mainly priority for the people from Santiago should be to improve the air, that is unbelievably dirty, filth and unhealthy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, the issea is important because is necesarry to the human life but is more important the political causes because they are the reason for a lot of problems.

    ReplyDelete